Saturday, January 29, 2005

Welcome to the middle east blog

This blog is designed to publicize debates on middle east issues that normally take place over email. It's strange how insulated our interactions in the real world tend to be. How many people can honestly say that they regularly engage people who hold views that clash with their own on issues that are dear to them? My guess is not many. I fully admit to living in a liberal bubble, through which few other ideas can penetrate. Hopefully, this blog will change that, and we can all get perspectives that we wouldn't encounter everyday.

If you're interested in posting more than comments on this blog, please email me at justin.sarma@gmail.com. I don't want this forum to be dominated by my own personal views, because then I won't get anything out of it, so I'd encourage people to join. All I ask is that people refrain from frivilous postings, and try to include links to back up their factual assertions when possible.

I've tentatively focused this blog on issues related to the Middle East, but I would encourage people to stray from that.

Sincerely,

Justin Sarma

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home